WHAT IS GHEE BUTTER?
Ghee is a form of clarified butter that gets its origin from the Indian Subcontinent, commonly used in South Asian and Middle eastern cuisines.
HOW IS GHEE MADE?
Ghee is made by slowly simmering butter that has been churned from cream. The process separates the milk solids and the water from the butter fat. This slow cooking process also develops a rich almost nutty flavor in the ghee butter. At Sun Rain Grow we only use grass fed, non-GMO, all-natural butter.
WHAT IS THE SUN RAIN GROW GHEE DIFFERENCE?
At Sun Rain Grow we slowly cook our Ghees in a true culinary fashion with all- natural, non-GMO ingredients, from fresh lemongrass to garlic, herbs and a variety of wholesome spices. Giving each flavor of our ghees its own beautiful color and complex flavor, making them great for a variety of dishes and culinary adventures.
WHY USE GHEE INSTEAD OF BUTTER OR OTHER OILS?
Ghee has many health advantages over butter and performs better under high heat cooking than most oils, due to its stability under high heat. By removing the milk solids from the butter, it raises the smoking point of the butter to over 450 degrees. Olive oil will smoke at 280 degrees but then becomes a trans fat, reducing its health benefits. Ghee is also the perfect addition in any of your baking applications at a 1:1 ratio for the butter or oil in the recipe.
WHERE SHOULD I USE GHEE?
Think of ghee as a healthier tastier replacement for any dish or application where you would use butter, or any other oil. From cooking and finishing dishes, to baking and even drinks.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF GHEE?
- Ghee is a natural source for vitamins A, E and K2 which promotes healthy skin and vision. The K2 helps your body to utilize minerals in your diet such as calcium supporting strong bones.
- Consuming ghee helps support weight loss, like other MCT’s (medium-chain fatty acids). Energy from these burn other fats in the body and help to eliminate toxins.
- Short-chain fatty acid butyrate in ghee aids the digestive tract in detoxing.
- Butyrate levels in Ghee help to create a more alkaline system which reduces inflammation throughout the body.
- Ghee helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins, helping with leaky gut syndrome, IBS and Chron’s.
- High levels of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) have been shown in studies to reduce blood pressure.
- The Grass-fed butter used in Sun Rain Grow Ghees is higher in Omega-3.
- Sun Rain Grow Ghee is lactose free making it paleo and Keto friendly.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF GHEE?
Ghee is 100% natural and is not stabilized in anyway. The natural cooking process removes the water and milk solids, creating a smooth and spreadable butter. Ghee will last at room temperature for 3-5 months and can be stored longer if kept in a refrigerator.
OCCASIONALLY I SEE A LITTLE OIL ON TOP OF THE GHEE IS THAT NORMAL?
Ghee is natural and has no stabilizers, occasionally you might see a small amount of liquid ghee on the top of the jar, this can be stirred back in and in no way will affect the quality of your ghee.
GHEE IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN REGULAR BUTTER, WHY?
It is because we use only the finest all natural, grass fed, non-GMO butter which is the best butter you can buy, add top quality ingredients and slowly cook and reduce the butter. With a serving size of 1 teaspoon and 48 portions in a jar the cost per portion is still very low for a high quality flavorful and nutritious butter or oil replacement.
WHAT DOES A HIGHER SMOKING POINT REALLY MEAN?
Top chefs around the world use ghee for cooking because of its higher smoking point 450 degrees vs regular butter that burns at 350 degrees. If you’ve ever put butter into a pan to cook something and before you even got started the butter was burned this will not happen with ghee!